If you know me personally, you probably know I'm a sucker for beautiful flowers. As if there was anything but beautiful flowers. In my opinion, they are all beautiful. There are just certain ones that are choice beautiful flowers.
A couple of weeks ago, a dear friend and I went strawberry picking. Talk about glorious. As soon as we stepped foot out of the car, the fragrance of the sweet berries permeated the air.
On our way home from the farm, we stopped at a cacti/succulents greenhouse. I drive past the place every day on my way to work. I've been wanting to stop by for two years. I finally did. Now I'm glad I waited. If I hadn't, I would have more cacti than a person could possibly know what to do with.
I immediately knew I was leaving with at least one. As I walked through the aisles of cacti and succulents, I had such a difficult time choosing just one. These flowers and plants are way underestimated. At least they were underestimated by me. Maybe the rest of you were fully aware of their uniqueness.
Each plant is so unique. So lovely and silly at the same time. I day dreamed of all they ways I could decorate with them. There are so many possibilities:
Decorate a wedding cake! Careful where you take a bite.
A great coffee table centerpiece that you know everyone will stop to look at. It's a conversation piece!
Now check out that little guy. Talk about cute. What a great, creative and unusual gift.
This one shocks even me. A succulent necklace!
I barely made it out with only two plants. My friend also bought two. And since my wonderful mother is currently tending to my cacti during my next couple of vagabond months - I am sharing my friend's with you. These are so lovely. I have no idea what they're called.
By the way, if you think the table runner under the plants is cute, you should see the whole apartment. My friend puts me to shame with her decorating skills. I'm so blessed that she and her wonderful husband have opened their place to me for a bit. Thank you!
Next time you have the opportunity - consider buying a cactus or succulent. It will make you happy. They're just too cute.




I am glad to be plant-sitting! And I guess it is here that I should tell you...your cactus is blooming. It is oh so cute. I guess you will just need to come home soon so you too can see it and enjoy it's beauty.
ReplyDeletei love any kind of fresh flowers/greenery/cacti! so i guess our future apartment/house, wherever it may be, will be covered head to toe in fresh flowers and cacti!
ReplyDelete